Fit Over 40 with Coach Clarence
Grooming Isn’t Just for Women
November 02, 2021
Coach Clarence is always well-groomed & takes pride in his appearance. He shares some helpful hints that seem pretty basic but not a lot of men do them on a regular basis or at all. Here is his Top 10 grooming list for men.
#1 Nose & ear trimming
- You can do this yourself, consult an esthetician or have your barber help you
#2 Trim your eyebrows
- Unibrows are NOT sexy!
- Consult a professional if you don’t think you can do it yourself
#3 Hair & beard trimming
- Keep your beard clean. Nothing says “Don’t kiss me” like yesterday’s dinner caught in all that fuzz.
- Get regular haircuts & if your bald shave as often as necessary for a smoother look & feel
#4 Keep your nails clean
- Getting a mani/pedi on a regular basis 2x a month is best. If that doesn’t work for you just keep your nails short & trimmed.
- If you have a job where you get a lot of dirt under your nails clean under them every day especially before a meal, date, or at bedtime
- Take care of that cracked, dry skin on your heels. There are products for that or soak them in warm water & then moisturize
#5 Brush & floss your teeth
- Dentists recommend brushing 3x a day
- Morning & evening before you go to bed may be an option as well
#6 Wear clothes that fit correctly
- Find a good tailor
- Invest in a stylist to see what colors, looks & trends are best for you
#7 Posture, posture posture
- Standing up straight makes you look better & also shows confidence
- Remind yourself often if you feel yourself slouching or find your shoulders hunched over
#8 Wash your face everyday morning & night
- Use cleanser, toner & moisturizer
- Less is more
- Try using oils instead of cologne since they aren’t as drying & last longer
#10 Your belt should match your shoes
- If you’re wearing a black belt wear black shoes
- No droopy drawers, pull them up
Coach Clarence also shares some of his favorite products for all parts of your face & body including Fresh Balls. What’s that you ask…you’ll have to listen to find ou!